Well started mentor/community service at 5pm and ending at 1:30am in the morning of December 17. So far I have learned most of the equipment and the basic functions of the ER. I have also learned many of the medical terms while being used throughout the hospital. In some cases it is not expected as seen on the television. So as of right now I have been helping the nurses and doctors with basic needs for the patients such as bringing water as needed and confirmed by the officials or bringing supplies to the staff. The ER is quite interesting, I have learned how the doctors give report and assign orders for the patient. Also it was a great learning curve as to how to diagnose the patients conditions and what is happening to the patient. It felt as if I was really learning to become a resident in the medical field. My next day to volunteer/ mentor is December 22nd, a night shift. I look forward to going back.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment