Friday, December 31, 2010

senior project mentor/volunteering III

Well today's time is 8:53am. I have done my last night shift for this project. If needed I may do an evening shift at SF Kaiser. I have done yet another 8 hour shift, totaling up to 24 hours. The shift started at 11pm and ended on today 31st at 7am. During this shift I was able to help splint two patients and witnessed many interesting cases by which some were serious cases and some minor cases that was easy to solve. It was an exciting experience and learning more and more about the function of the ER is one of the most interesting parts of going into the medical field. The staff was nice and encouraging as always. Though it was a slow night, it was always fun tending to patients--even the ones that are not so great. However the experience is unbelievable and yet again I say it is an experience that will encourage and motivate people to do better in the world. Seeing as the nurses and doctors work so hard to help the patients in need is always heart warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment